Pages

Monday, February 26, 2018

Cool places to run series: Waikiki, Hawaii



Waikiki Beach 
Waikiki Beach  is one of the the most famous and recognized beaches in the world, located on the island of Oʻahu in the U.S. state of Hawaii



Although Hawaii is a great place to visit, to run is not as easy as the other islands I've visited.
Traffic is very dense to say the least: whatever day of the week it is, there is always 
traffic. Trying to run appears really challenging. Not only because the traffic, there are 
also a lot of traffic lights (TRUST ME, stop for those traffic lights) and side walks are so busy that you look like a drunk runner trying to avoid head-on collisions with foot traffic. 

To each it's own; some like busy cities, for running, for the sake of my butt and my sanity, I prefer low traffic areas. 
Keep in mind that the rain can come out of nowhere. After I ran 6 miles it started drizzling; within minutes it started pouring. The specific tiles on the boardwalks at Waikiki beach get extremely slippery when wet, and boy, can it get wet. 

Despite the traffic, I did enjoy my two back-to-back half marathons on February 17 and 18, 2018







No comments:

A running threesome - sounds like a dream come thru

  Portimao I had a good run today which means i hit my 100 mile training week in the last five days in three different countries: a 60 km (3...