Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Cool places to run series: Pisco, Peru



The Port of Pisco was disabled for marine traffic; being displaced by the modern port of San Martín, located in the peninsula of Paracas, about a 40-minute drive from Pisco. 

If you a are a desert rat like I am, this is the place to be. There is a pier. That's it. 
Nothing else. No shop, no traffic, no taxi; just a whole lotta nothing....

That explains the name of the cocktail 'Pisco sour', right? I think anyone living in Pisco would be sour. 
Except me probably. And Mr. Sandman of course. I love the desert; wherever I travel, if there is a desert in the area, I will run it. 
The view from the ship; I felt like a kid in a candy store.


Some cool places to see when you are in the area are some cool fancy oasis and the candelabra





 Like most deserts; it gets brutally hot; up to 115F (50C). With these temperatures and no wind, this is my kind of weather
I was able to play in the sand, in 110F and run a nice marathon.
Date: March 12, 2017








No comments:

A running threesome - sounds like a dream come thru

  Portimao I had a good run today which means i hit my 100 mile training week in the last five days in three different countries: a 60 km (3...