Pages

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

26.2 Mile marathon distance in Juneau, Alaska

July 3rd, 2023


 What a magnificent part of the world; Alaska, the last frontier, with all it's beauty, it's rainforests, the animals; everything what a wildlife and nature enthusiast like myself is looking for...

We were in Juneau and the weather was great and thus a super opportunity to do a 26.2-mile (42.2 km) run. Leaving the ship, I turned left, passed the ms Koningdam, one of our newest ships, turned left by the bridge, crossed the bridge and than turned right over at Douglas Island. From there on, I literally ran towards the end of the road, mile 13.1, turned around and than ran back to the ship. 

 I passed some amazing waterfalls and saw Mendenhall Glacier in the background...what a privilege to run here. This was marathon distance # 563








         

              Mendenhall Glacier in the background




No comments:

A running threesome - sounds like a dream come thru

  Portimao I had a good run today which means i hit my 100 mile training week in the last five days in three different countries: a 60 km (3...