Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Cool places to run series: Ithaca, New York


Ithaca in upstate New York is a city on Cayuga Lake, in New York’s Finger Lakes region. 
It’s home to Cornell University, founded in 1865. The city of Ithaca including the immense complex of Cornell university is a very (to say the least) scenic and pretty area.
If you like old buildings and nature then Ithaca is THE place to run. 


During my speed course at Cornell university, I was able to run a 63-mile (100 km) ultra, followed by half a marathon the following day. 
I was surprised by the beauty of the state. Really, the 63-mile run didn't bore at all. I enjoyed every mile of it, looking at the architecture, the waterfalls and the lakes.
Definitely recommendable, although it's not easy to run 63-miles without help; the only thing I carried was a small hydration pack - therefore I had to stop several times at small gas stations to buy bananas and candy bars.





Cornell university:








No comments:

A running threesome - sounds like a dream come thru

  Portimao I had a good run today which means i hit my 100 mile training week in the last five days in three different countries: a 60 km (3...